2004-10-21

Pizza for the Masses

Why are people evil? Some say we are born with good and evil already inside us. Still others that experience will drive the different values out. And still others believe that people choose to be evil. I, for one, do not know. I would like to think that no one would do it by choice, but I know that may not be true. I believe the most understandable reason is that experiences’ drives it out of people. An eye for an eye, right? So it takes a miserable life to ruin someone else’s... It is believable but still might not be true, I know a number of people that have had horrible lives yet are still uber nice. So that leaves the idea of everyone being born with good and evil already inside us. I guess this could be true... I mean it makes sense... But what happens when someone who is inherently good is raised being told it's all right to steal things? Would that person still be good out of ignorance? It is a confusing matter and should be pondered... I'd opt for the fourth theory: This reality is of no entertaining use to us anymore. Not necessarily for everyone, but for those who don't fear punishment and don't have goals. (I know I sound like an inspirational speaker...) If you've already done everything you've wanted to do then what can anybody take away from you? Honestly I just made this all up but it does have relevance. Then there are also the ignorant... Oh what gift ignorance is! If there is no law (that you know of) then how can you break it? You will break it, but the fact is you won’t have any moral repercussions since you don’t know about the severity. What can you say for them, are they good or evil?

Well right now I feel like I'm ranting and contradicting myself or something. Anywho I don’t think I agree with most anything I said... I'm going to go have some pizza... Pizza solves everything...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is strange to think that people who go through so many bad thing are some of the nicest people around. Its prob. because they know how they have felt when the bad things happen and dont want others to go through the same things. And on the other hand there are people who never have one single bad thing EVER happen to them and they are the biggest 'F'-ing jerks in the world. Its very weird how all of that works.