2004-10-13

It Doesn't Matter

What is the point of us being on this planet? If you look at it as humans just being another creature, then the answer is to survive.

The real question is not "Why are we here?" but "Why do we stay here?" And to that question you could say because we have nowhere else to go. You could of course argue that we could all kill ourselves and then we'd be somewhere else, but I don’t think that would go over too well with the rest of the world. I think the reason why we don’t just kill ourselves is not the fear of death but the uncertainty of our after-lives. How many of us actually know where we go after we die? (And no I don’t mean the ground.) Sure many people will stand up and tell me that they are going to heaven or they will be reincarnated, but do they have proof? And I know that many of even those people have a small shadow of doubt in their hearts, terrified that they might not be right. As for me I believe I might be ready (don't worry I wont kill myself) I don’t necessarily know but then again I frankly don’t give a crap about what does happen to me, I wont mind, I'll be dead.

No comments: