2004-11-16

Thrash Classical!

Music is such an interesting thing. Everyone listens to it but then again everyone has preferences to what they listen to. I doubt I know many people who have the same tastes as me, but I'd believe it I found someone. Look at so many high schoolers, they all like Rap. I admit there is quite a bit of good Rap, but then there is also a lot of utter shit. (Then again that's my opinion.) There are many guys that I know that consider Emo "whiney and annoying." I can understand why they'd think that, but once again there is a lot of good Emo... Well what I'm trying to say is that every genre has some music that you'll like, no matter your tastes.

Music genres are another interesting thing. How many are there? I don't know and I don’t really want to count. You look at something like "Metal" and there are like 5 sub genres within it! What the hell!? Why don't we just keep like 6 easily identifiable genres and kick the rest in the nuts? Someday I think I'll go invent my own genre... it'll be something like... "Thrash Classical" It will just be classical music to me singing un-comprehendible lyrics and blowing things up! Damn that'll be cool...

Protest high CD price download your music…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thrash Classical, i would soooooo listen to you logan, blowing things up to classical music?? hell yeah! thrash classical...tee hee!

Anonymous said...

Actually, some modern classical composers have done some pretty weird stuff so I wouldn't be surprised if one of them has already done the "blowing stuff up" thing, although I haven't heard of it if they have.

There's a famous quote (I can't remember who said it) that goes, "Ninety-five percent of everything is junk." or something like that. Sounds about right to me.

Lynn

Krispin Mayfield said...

Well, classical is something that has endured time. Just wait, Underoath's 'Cries of the Past' may be classical someday...in like three hundred years.

Five subgenres to metal?! I'm thinking of, well, there's: death, black, hair, nu-, -core, thrash, industrial...

I love genres, sometimes. But seriously, people need to begin inventing new music. Fortunately, a few bands have done that. Check out www.purevolume.com/thefalloftroy They're a strange breed of buttrock, post-hardcore, art punk and prog rock. And really awesome, and unlike anything I've ever heard before.