2005-02-13

Put the Fire Outside

Last night I went to a bonfire, as much as I like bonfires this one was alright at best. It consisted more of people that I'd never hang out with on any other occasion.

The funny thing is that if I look back at my social evolution I could very well have ended up in that group. A majority of my "Friends" are in the "popular" group. And you may think does that group have to do with the amount of money you have or the stuff you have? The answer is yes and no. You don't need the stuff to be in there, but if you want to be at the higher end of that group all that matters is how much your cell phone cost, what kind of car you drive and what clothes you wear. As bad as it seems I think that those things define almost any group, whether you wear all black or tight shirts and letterman jackets. Sure the groups claim that anyone can hang out with them but will it really happen if your clothes don't match?

As far as I go I like to think of me as the drifting outsider. Everyone knows me but no one talks to me. I sit at lunch alone and no body notices. I can easily go into any group at make joke with them but I'll never stay for long. I'm the lonely wanderer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you eat lunch alone logan...?oh...sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Dont call MY boyfriend a sweetie! OK? yeah...... OR ELSE!

kabuku6 said...

Now girls don't get in a fight over me!

Anonymous said...

hmm, but he IS so sweet...and you know, we WERE alnoe for an hour and a half...

Anonymous said...

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!