2005-10-02

The Sweet Road to Discontent

Two days ago I was perfectly content. I thought it was one of the best things in the world. I was wrong. I had the feeling that everything was exactly how it should be and that I'm perfectly fine where I am. Those thoughts would have been the end of the Logan we know and love. With those thoughts manifesting themselves deep within myself I set it up for me to stop being random, depressed, and creative. Today I got rid of it all, I had someone punch me in the face. It wasn't a hard punch, but it was definitely a punch, I did it to prove alternate realities. But it actually helped me remove my contentment. When I felt the pain, I realized that is what I want to feel. I don't want to feel some numbed up world where everything will always be the same. I don't want shortened emotions, cut down for pure efficiency of mind. I want triple chocolate marble with peanut butter cups, not the generic chocolate. I want to live. I want to feels things like no one else ever has. (This I feel almost impossible, but why not, eh?) Contentment may be for those who are settled down, but for me, give me pain or give me death.

No comments: