2005-12-08

Let Me Out

Slice my wrists as they catch on the barbed wire
Bleeding as I sit here waiting for you
I see that you never cared, you never cared
So now I'm just left here waiting
Left here dying, I'll always be waiting for you

I wake up with no one beside me, ever beside me
Always looking for you, always waiting for you
My head has never hurt so much
Why do I even put up with your shit?
Why am I left waiting for a girl that never was quite there?

Left for dead I lay here dreaming of a perfect world
Pizza for breakfast with you at the table
Why am I waiting? I've already found the perfect world
This dream is so torturous as I wake up and hurt my head
What’s the point in waiting for someone who isn't there?

Find me a poet and I'll write you one thousand words
Find me a cockroach and my love will last forever
You can't kill a cockroach, but poets die for fun
I've never known life until I you made it unbearable
I've never seen the light until you left me in the dark

Never leave me out again; the rain eats at my soul
Its not much more the a damp crumbling cookie
Mice won't come near as I drown my sorrows in blood
I'm as dry as a muffin, never tasted but thrown out
For a perfect world you seem so dead, too dead

How can you live this life with no Idea of who I am?
Can you please at least morn my infinite passing?
I may not be gone but you'll be around forever
Never let my name fade with you diamond tears
Always let me pas you by never let me stay

No comments: