2005-11-23

Near Life Experiences

As I walk home it hits me. I suddenly feel as if I'm walking through sea of syrup. Breathing gets just as hard. Every breath I take only makes my legs move so slow. Everything is slow motion now, except my thoughts, and the surronding world. I'm being left behind, the world moves and I stand still, what is going on? Oh that’s right, this is life, it only happens once. And as I am stuck in this thick tar the rest of the world zooms by, wasteing all their preciuos breathes and heartbeats on some meaningless task or another. And here I am, wasting my time twice as fast, and tripping over myself because of it. This is our only chance, you can't go back. I've told myself hundreds of times, live to be alive. But why am I not doing it? How many people go through life without appriciating it? How many people have never seen death and walked away to live? Not nearly as many as should. When you are about to kill yourself and turn away, you gain another view of life. But it is still far better if something almost kills you. You can control yourself, you can't control fate. How would you react if you almost burned to death? How would you live if you knew you were about to die? Would you care? Only about things that truly deserved it. The fact is, not a lot of people know our mortality, and it kills them. Literally.

No comments: