2010-11-25

I am not the person I once was

I had an especially odd feeling today, the feeling of change.

Some times we take for granted living in the now, living in a state of mind that we don't think about the past and we ignore what is happening.

Two years ago I crashed a car, one year ago I was getting ready to board a flight for New Zealand. This year I'm just sitting here having a relatively unmemorable holiday.

I am so far away from where I was the last two years, as a person I have changed immensely and can look back at some of the decisions I made and make better ones today.

I've also been dating myself. It seems like everyday I'm picking up a shirt or seeing a Friend and thinking "I've had this shirt since High school, it 7 years old." or "We've known each other since middle school, that's like 10 years." Its odd to think about how fast all this time has gone by. Back in school if I would have heard 10 years from now I'd be drinking beer with so and so, I would have chuckled and said yeah, okay, how far away that is. But in all reality its not that far off, and in 10 years i hope to be drinking beer with the same person.

Change and time are both rather interesting things.

No comments: