2006-10-25

My body screams at me.

How many senses do we have? Most would say five, touch, taste, sight, hearing, and smell. But why end there? You assume that each preceptor organ can only process one thing. But have you ever touched something with your eyes, seen something with your skin, or tasted with a part of your body you are not quite sure exists? I have.

Everything is so much more vivid when you allow your entire body to perceive each individual thing. Just sitting here I can hear with my skin as each key is pressed in. I can smell with my eyes, the humid scent of tofu. I can hear the texture of the wood, as I look at it. My senses are aware of most of my surroundings. The back of my head can see the room behind me, and I have no doubt that it is exactly the way it seems.

No comments: